SC - Adamantius antworten nicht...

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Jul 10 21:36:56 PDT 1999

Phillppa,

> Got a couple questions- what are-
>
> 9.  A bourbelier of pork, then

Essentially a basted pork roast.  I've seen two recipes for it, one from
the Medieval Kitchen (page 108, recipe 52, from Le Viandier) and one in
the Miscellany (http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cariadoc/meat.html#6, from
Le Menagier de Paris).  I used a slightly modified redaction from the
Miscellany.

Due to that #$#% burning down the original event hall I couldn't cook
the roast there, but had to prepare it before hand at home, and then run
across town and pick it up when it came time to serve it (I didn't put
the roast up on a rack, and ended up with something very akin to a
stewed meat - the end result was delicious, as the roast had been
bubbling in wine for two days :)  The only unfortunate part was the
curse of Bappy being called down upon us, but we weathered that fairly
well.

> 6. Chicken Ambrogino

This one is taken from the Medieval Kitchen as well (page 83, recipe
30), which is essentially chicken parts lightly browned with pork fat
and simmered in a mixture of almond milk, wine, and spices until done.
A second sauce is then poured over the chicken and served.

> 7. Icelandic Chicken?

Taken from the Miscellany, this consists of halved chickens, wrapped in
bacon, which is wrapped in sage leaves, which is wrapped in dough and
baked.

Turns out that one of our local brewers, his father runs the agriculture
farm in these parts and is very willing to order food for us.  When
asked about the possibility of getting in some chickens he essentially
asked us "alive or dead".  The really nice thing is that he'll even
store them in the walk-in freezers until the day of the event.  Going to
have to send him a bottle of mead next week :)

Regards,

Donal

- --
Mark Simms                           Engineering Student, Class of 2002
Memorial University of Newfoundlan   Vice President, 6th St. John's
WWW: http://www.engr.mun.ca/~msimms  Rovers, Ground Search and Rescue
Email: msimms at engr.mun.ca            IEEE Student Branch Secretary