SC - It's Butter.....Parkay

pat fee lcatherinemc at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 12 09:42:32 PDT 1999

> 	And then, there is also the discussion about cooking being an art,
> and
> baking a science, for which one of the foundations of my argument is the
> very 'flaw' you mention.  Cooking thrives on that sort of creativity,
> Baking is not so forgiving.
> 	(No, Bear, we don't need to go there again!:)
> Christianna

Okay.  I am feeling very mellow having watched Ansteorra turn 20 and myself
50 this weekend.  Art or Science, the oven is unforgiving, unlike the stove,
which allows you to taste and test.  I produced several loaves of my cheese
bread.  Same batch of dough, same amount of cheese in each loaf, each formed
in the same manner.  Of the two I tried, one was disappointingly full of
bread and the other had lovely cavities coated in cheese.  Such is the
baker's lot.

Bear