SC - Lemon Cordial

Melissa Martines mmartines at brighthorizons.com
Mon Jul 12 11:47:59 PDT 1999

> Well, I servived the XXth Ansteorra anniversary event.
> I really enjoyed having period food at the campsite and I think everyone
> else did too.

Congratulations on the success of your efforts. I think Ansteorra is
going through a wonderful growing phase with many people waking
up to the joys of period food I hope we will see it grow even further.

I do apologize for not being able to take the proper time to view the
dishes and discuss things at the A&S but I was a bit busy.  :-{)}

> On another food related note, there was some pretty good, period, middle
> eastern foods at a vigil Fri. night

That was the vigil for Master Richard Fairborne and happened to coincide
with the Middle Eastern Hafla. Which I'm sure you know but something
a lot of people on the list don't know is that we have another list member
who has gotten her Laurel primarily for her renowned cooking and research.
Please congratulate Mistress Clarissa de Firenze, Ansteorra's newest
Laurel! Vivat!!!

> and a lady with a food entry in the
> general A&S competion that I believe was Hebrew but I could be wrong.

They were mainly Sephardic (sp?) recipes that she said were largely
traditional but we did talk about "A Drizzle of Honey".

There was another young lady there for whom this was her second event
and she submitted a nice apple pie she had made in a Dutch Oven on
site. She even had some basic explanation on her technique and the ingredients
used. This lady has a lot of potential. And a wonderful part was her demeanor,
she had a Laurel, a Baroness (Mistress Clarissa), and the King at her table
talking to her and she handled it all with aplomb and courtesy.

> If anyone out there has more details, I would love to hear.  There was so
> much going on, I just didn't get to be everywhere I wanted for as long as I
> would have liked.

At our "Screw you guys. We're outta here!" party on Saturday night Lady
Citrin provided some wonderful food. Roasted veggies, beef brisket, cheese
turnovers, fruit, etc...

The feast was also very good, especially for the huge number of people it
served. Because we had all that food in camp we didn't take the feast proper
but I kept snitching bits and pieces of it.

Yers,

Jus' Big Dumb Gunthar