SC - primary sources

Gretchen M Beck grm+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jul 13 08:18:20 PDT 1999

Greetings,

I have been asked to cook for two specific gatherings at War and I am
trolling for suggestions as many of these people will be attending both.

	The first is to provide a more authentic flavor to a  catered event
being attended by some special (to us) people.The main meal is being done by
a  mundane Restaurant out there. It is my desire to offer small tidbits  with
the wine and cheeses before the main course. I am looking for things that can
be made ahead of time, can be cooked over open flame or grill, and will
impress as it reflects on my household. The recipes, of course, must be as
authentic as possible (since that is the way I like my kitchen). I am leaning
to using Le Menagier de Paris, as I am most familiar with this. But I have
not done too many  recipes in small amounts (seating 15)

The second, is a larger feast(25+) with multiple removes and equally large
fighting men. As this is catering to a German inspired group, I am looking at
Daz Buoch von Guoter Spise. This too must impress. I have all manner of
kitchen necessities available to me at this event and I have done things like
this before at War (EK Barons Dinner (25)), but I am looking for that special
 "oomph" that will provide a feast well worthy of its recipients. Any
suggestions would be most appreciated....

Andrea, Ostgardr