SC - a triviality

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri Jul 16 08:39:48 PDT 1999

<< My Pennsic hash browns started off with the drippings from whichever
breakfast meat was being grilled that morning, sometimes bacon, ometimes
sausage, sometimes both. Into this was dumped about 10-15 pounds of
chopped onion, 5 pounds of chopped green peppers, and about 2 cups of
minced garlic.  The green pepper was the timing guide.  When it was
fairly soft, I added 50 pounds of cubed potatoes, pre-boiled by the
night crew to "al dente".  A few tablespoons of salt, fresh ground black
pepper, some sage, some dill weed, some basil, and some cumin got tossed
in.  When the potatoes got brown, they were done.  The whole mess went
into the oven to stay warm . . . Wolfmother >>

Several belated questions:

1)  What type of kitchen equipment did you have on-hand for cooking 50
lbs of potatoes and keeping the whole mess warm?

2)  How large was your kitchen staff?

3)  How many people were you cooking for?

4)  Where are you camping and what time do you start serving? {grovel}

John le Burguillun
Barony of Nottinghill Coill
Atlantia