SC - Re: Hash Browns-OOP

WOLFMOMSCA@aol.com WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com
Sat Jul 17 06:34:29 PDT 1999

Melisande replied to my message with:
>> bread-stuffed-msg (22K)  1/ 5/98    Period stuffed bread. Rastons.
>> Recipes.
>>
>> Well, it seemed recent, but I guess it was at least as long ago as last
>> December. :-)>
>
> Dearest Stefan,
>
> Your calendar may need new batteries.  I "fired" off my report about
> baking Rastons at Lilies just this July 1 (ish).  Then Cindy printed a
> variation of the recipe I used and Lord Ras discussed whether or not
> adding salt would be period.

It's not my calender that is failing. It's my memory (well, that *is* one of
the reasons for the Florilegium). That January date is the last time I
updated that file. Yes, now I remember the more recent discussion. I have
saved several of those messages to be put in the bread-stuffed-msg file
when I find the time.

> BTW, I found the article in your Florilegium about outdoor ovens very
> enlightening.  I plan to invest in a large (LARGE) clay pot and see how
> that works.  It seems the most portible and least labor intensive of all
> the things mentioned.  Thanks for tending the flowers!

Thank you. But all I do is collect and edit what you folks post. Hmm, but
I guess in a way what I do is try to thin out the weeds and keep the flowers.
A lot more flowers here and less weeds than on the Rialto.

There are actually two files on ovens that might be of use. One is in the
FOOD section and a different one is in the SCA-CAMPING section.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****