SC - Cookbooks and cultural heritage

ana l. valdes agora at algonet.se
Sun Jul 18 05:22:08 PDT 1999

No, I told the list I should attend a short course organized by the
Maastricht Marshall Macluhan Institute, to discuss "Digitalizing the
Cultural Heritage". The course was pinpointed to librarians, people
working in museums and archives, plus some people working in the
cultural beurocracy. I was myself a part of the cultural beurocracy,
since I am on the board of the Swedish Council of Arts, who regulates
and finances all the culture in Sweden. Libraries, museums, operahouses,
archives, theaters, so on.
Several lecturers were invited, Paul Miller, from England, one of the
experts of Dublin Core, the standard in metadata and location of
resources. Patricia Young, responsable for Artefacts, Canada, and the
head for Sicard, the art and archives network in Canada, this guy from
Louvre, and Derek Law, expert in copyright on the net.
I must write a rapport to my board. I can try to have it edited in
English and send it to you private,m or to other people which can be
interested.
The main discussion was how to archive, classify and store all these
enormous materials we collected in our libraries and museums. Our
cookbooks are a big part of it, and the Florilegium and Cariadoc and
Lord Ras, Cindy and others are a example about how to do useful and
innovative things with these materail.
This list is a living proof of the innovations the new medio brings with
itself.
Yours
Ana

"Decker, Terry D." skrev:

> > Yes, in fact it was a lot of discussions about how to manage and "store"
> > books, <clipped>
> > Yours
> > Ana
> >
> What conference was this?  And do you have any information on how to obtain
> the proceedings?
>
> Bear

- --
http://www.algonet.se/~agora  Hemsida och skyltfönster