SC - pomegranate chicken

rhiannon@madcelt.com rhiannon at madcelt.com
Sun Jul 18 17:08:16 PDT 1999

I have developed a rather lovely butter using rosehips and honey for flavor.
Unfortunately, my school of recipies uses rather subjective terminology, so you
may have to experiment a little to get it to work out.

Bring several tablespoons of rosehips to a boil in about a cup to a cup and a
half of water.  Simmer until the rosehips soften.  Strain, reserving the water.
Using a hand potato masher (use a strong one), mash the rosehips.  Push the
mashed rosehips through a strainer to remove the seeds.

Take butter out of your fridge to soften.  When the rosehips are mashed and
cooled, and the butter soft enough to work with, blend 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of
rosehips to a stick of butter.  Add a little honey to sweeten and make the
butter a little more pliable.

Be careful not to use too much  rosehip or the butter may separate.  You can
beat it back together, but that's a serious pain in the neck.

Richenda