SC - OT - Automated search problems

margali margalicuskynolles at 99main.com
Mon Jul 19 14:04:56 PDT 1999

Mata Hari is an interesting tool for Web searches.  It is an agent that
performs keyword searches at public search engines and accumulates keyword
and link indexes on the local PC tailored to the user's common search
requirements.  I don't think it handles entry aging and reverification, but
most of the commercial sites I hit don't do those very well if at all.  With
a $35-50 price tag, it's an interesting option.

I may get a copy, but with the search times being what they are, I'll
probably wait until I have cable modem or DSL available for a dedicated
connection and set up a rebuilt PC as a dedicated search machine.

Bear