SC - REC; Rose Petal Preserve

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Tue Jul 20 09:32:49 PDT 1999

Cariadoc wrote:

>The Lord's Salt is something we have been making for years; it really works
>quite well for preserving meat. I don't guarantee six months, but we tested
>for several weeks.

I have tested this recipe with 5 different half quart jars of venison
steaks cut up and in large pieces. All 5 jars survived for at least 12 months,
mostly due to the fact that I forgot about them. They sat on the bottom shelf
of a kitchen cupboard for the vast majority of that time and did not fester.

The little residual fat from the meat floated to the top and went mildly
rancid (I say mildly because it was such a small amount of fat that
you could barely tell). This was easily skimmed. The meat itself was
completely lacking in texture. It reminded me a great deal of baby food:
edible but extremely boring.

jasmine
Iasmin de Cordoba
gwalli at infoengine.com