SC - Florilegium

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 21 14:11:53 PDT 1999

From: drgntale at aol.com (Drgntale)
Newsgroups: rec.org.sca
Subject: **PA Drought Emergency Declared***
Date: 21 Jul 1999 14:34:23 GMT

For Pennsic goers, please be aware that a drought emergency has been declared
in PA.  Coopers Lake has well water, but may be under conservation by the time
Pennsic rolls around.  How this MIGHT effect you:

1)  Bottled water will be at a premium.  Most people in the area have well
water and will be conserving by using bottled water.  Please think about
forgoing some extras and packing water.

2)  The swimming hole will probably not be there.  The Rivers are at their
lowest in 35 years.  I haven't been to Cooper's to check this out, though.

3)  Be careful in the wooded areas.  I expect rabies to be on the rise because
of the lack of water.  Watch your children!

4)  The local crops are failing - there probably won't be much in the way of
local produce to buy.

Most of the conservation efforts should not effect Pennsic.  Keep an eye out
for PA to declare water rationing though if this drought goes on for much
longer (and it looks like it may).  I am not on the Rialto much, so if you
would like to know more, e-mail me privately.  Thank you.

Lady Kira
(Linda Scott)
- -- end of forwarded message --

Ras