old encyclopedias Re: SC - Florilegium

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 21 18:29:18 PDT 1999

Greetings, all!

	My SCA mum is 64 and she camps and merchants regularly. She has a
nice little period bed that keeps her off the ground, and that is a great
deal of it right there. She is actually in much better shape than I am! I
have some physical handicaps and I discovered that camping successfully
only happens if I:
	get enough rest
	sleep in my bed, which is off the ground and easier for sitting
and dressing, etc.
	avoid getting chilled if possible
	don't try to do it all myself (the hardest!)
	make sure that _I_ eat and drink adequately. Sometimes I cook for
others and forget to feed myself
	tease the young men (keeps them on their toes and me with an evil
twinkle in my eyes!

Anybody can camp- but not everyone is prepared.

'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
- -
'A Vaillans Coeurs Riens Impossible'
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731