SC - OT-OOP- New Dog Recipe

Laura C Minnick lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Fri Jul 23 19:10:40 PDT 1999

Well,
    I saw them do that root on TV and they pounded with a long stick (looked
like a battering ram) and ground it and soaked the powder in water.  Put the
water root pulp mix in a tightly woven hanging basket (looked like a Chinese
hand cuff, as you pulled it, it got tighter) and strained and pressed the water
out.  As I recall this process took them days.  Seems like they may have let it
ferment a bit.  I could be wrong about that part.  Seemed like a lot of work for
not much food value and I want to know, who thought " I bet if I spend days
processing this poisonous root I can get it so I can eat it and not die".?

Helen