SC - Correction-dog-the joke was on me

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Jul 24 18:41:07 PDT 1999

Since I heard all these cajun sons and daughters speaking with nostalgy
about chilis and spicy food.
let me give some recipes from two of my favorit books: "White Trash
Cooking 1 and 2".

True Grits Chili

6 medium onions chopped fine
6 medium green peppers, chopped fine
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 lbs ground beef
4 16-oz cans tomatoes with juice
3 16-oz cans kidney beans, drained
2 cups cooked grits
1 6-oz cans tomato paste
1 cup water
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
3 whole cloves
2 bay leaves
5 Tbs good chili powder (Maxene´s, if you can get it)

In a skillet brown the onion, garlic, and peppers in oil until golden.
In another skillet, brown the beef in batches. Drain off fat. Mix the
beef and onion together in a large pot and add the tomatoes, beans,
grits, tomato paste, water, salt, vinegar, cloves, chili powder, bay
leaves and black pepper, to taste.
Cover and simmer one hour over low heat. Add a pinch of sugar. Simmer
uncovered for another hour. Take out the bay leaves and cloves before
serving.

Butts` gator tail

So if you are lucky enough to get a holt to an alligator tail, there´s a
seciton about a foot long just behind the back legs tha´ts tender and
juicy. You cut it in sections at the joints just like you would a pork
chop. Salt, pepper and floe each piece of tail and then fry in hot
grease until golden brown. Or you can barbecue in with Bosie´s Barbecue
Sauce. He had alligator tail especially in mind when he concocted it.
If you haven´t eaten`gator tail before, you`re in for a surprise. It´s
gonna taste a little bit like chicken, a little bit like pork and a
little bit like fish. It´s so good, you`ll gonna lay down and scream.

Yours
Ana

- --
http://www.algonet.se/~agora  Hemsida och skyltfönster