SC - Fw: [TY] Skal!

margali margalicuskynolles at 99main.com
Sun Jul 25 08:04:05 PDT 1999

Thanks to everyone who responded to my request. I am in the middle of trying
to re organize all my cooks list info, and I couldn't remember where that
recipe came from.  Everyone's generous assistance, along with good,
documentable information, reminds me why this is the only listserve I care
to keep up with on a consistent basis.

Now, while I've got your attention :-)

Has anyone out there done a real medieval feast? (As opposed to an SCA
feast) I am looking to get together with a few other local SCA cooks while
everyone else is at Pennsic, and look into the feasibility of producing an
authentic medieval feast.  Items for initial consideration will be cost,
scheduling, etc, granted, but then I want to look into expanding on some of
the finer aspects of food preparation, staff organization, gastronomic
philosophy and of order of service in the middle ages, and try to see how we
can utilize these things to bring about a truly medieval experience for not
only the diners, but the kitchen staff as well.  I figure that the average
event gives us about 36 hours to play with, so time over which to serve
shouldn't be a real problem.  There is no date set for this, and we will be
able to take our time with this, which brings into the realm of possibility
doing long term projects like brewing and hard cheesemaking ourselves.  I
would be interested to hear if this has been bandied about before, and any
other comments would be welcome.  I know that there have been events in this
kingdom (Meridies) before which have been food oriented, and that at our
Performing Arts Symposium Lord Damon, who got his AOA for grilling, provided
food thoughout the entire day, but we would really like to expand this into
as authentic an experience as possible.

Rhiannon (reading everything I can get my hands on)Cathaoir-mor
SouthDowns, Meridies