SC - medieval faires

LordVoldai@aol.com LordVoldai at aol.com
Mon Jul 26 14:56:35 PDT 1999

Is somebody who knows something about Compendium Ferculorum, written by
Stanislaw Czerniecki, published in Cracow 1682?
According to my Swedish sources (Sweden and Polen was the same kingdom
during several years), this book is divided between one chapter with
meatdishes, one with fishdishes and the last one med cakes, pies and
bread.
My Swedish presentation make a rough translation of some recipe, but I
want to know if someone knows about a German, a English or a French
translation? Since I don´t read Polish, its difficult to understand what
kind of food they ate at that time in Cracow, one of Europes most
sophisticated cities.
Yours
Ana
- --