SC - OOP recipe and Re: vodka for bandy in cordials was

snowfire@mail.snet.net snowfire at mail.snet.net
Mon Jul 26 23:39:18 PDT 1999

- -Poster: Elysant <Snowfire at mail.snet.net>

A few weeks ago there was a discussion about Hummus on this list....

One of the days during our recent boating vacation aboard Puck's
sailboat, the "Merry Wanderer", we moored for night in the middle of
Katy Cove just off of one of the islands around Newport, RI.  We'd had
some problems tying the boat to the "mooring ball" initially - it was a
bit of a challenge what with a gusty wind and all - but we finally were
tied securely to it, and while Puck worked on the boat's engine, Ras and
myself decided to sit at the cabin table and redact a recipe for a walnut
and tehini based hummus type of dip.

Elysant

The recipe was from The Book of the Beloved.' I will post the original
and the redaction on Tuesday.

Ras

I must say that it was very relaxing sitting there redacting this recipe
as the boat lay quietly moored in the little New England Cove.  I highly
recommend it to all of you! :-)

BTW The dish turned out wonderfully.  I made the redacted recipe up the
next night, and served the dip with supper.  Everyone really enjoyed it.

Elysant
P.S.  I suppose you'll all have to wait now for Ras to post the
redaction before you can taste the dish for youselves.... won't