SC - Real feasts?

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Jul 27 09:45:00 PDT 1999

I wonder if someone remember a Roman recipe for parrottongues. They
imported parrottongues from Africa, how did they prepared it? Is it in
Apicius or in other texts? I think it was in Petronius book "The
Satyricon", this recipe was featured.
I found today a wonderful Scandinavian recipe for codtongues and I want
make a comparison between the parrottongues dish and the codtongues
dish.
By the way, if someone is interested in the codtongue recipe, I can try
to translate it from Swedish. This is a dish popular in Sweden and
Norway and I can guess Iceland, mylady Nanna?
I think I read in some part it was also common in New Foundland and I
can guess too in all the inuits communities.

Yours
Ana
- --
http://www.algonet.se/~agora  Hemsida och skyltfönster