SC - boiled garlic

margali margalicuskynolles at 99main.com
Tue Jul 27 14:30:58 PDT 1999

Ana wrote:
>I found today a wonderful Scandinavian recipe for codtongues and I want
>make a comparison between the parrottongues dish and the codtongues
>dish.
>By the way, if someone is interested in the codtongue recipe, I can try
>to translate it from Swedish. This is a dish popular in Sweden and
>Norway and I can guess Iceland, mylady Nanna?

Very popular. They were usually boiled, either fresh or salted, but there is
an abundance of modern recipes for them and they are cooked in any number of
ways now, as are cod´s cheeks. - But the "tongues" aren´t really tongues,
they are the throat muscles, arrow-headed muscles from underneath the jaw,
whose shape can be very like a tongue. They are cooked in various ways in
several European countries and are usually considered a delicacy. The
Basques, for instance, cook them in olive oil with garlic and some herbs.

Nanna