SC - Under 40 crowd?

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Tue Jul 27 21:26:52 PDT 1999

Judging by the responses to the question about being too old for
camping, there are a number of cooks on this list who are 40+ years old.
Are there any youngsters out there?  I'm not sure how much cooking
appeals to newer SCA members; it certainly would have a smaller niche
than stick-jocking, garb making, and dancing.

In southern Atlantia, we can get youngsters {~18-25 yrs old} to do
kitchen grunt labor but no one wants to actually learn how to cook a
feast.  I was 32 and had been in the SCA for almost 6 years before I
cooked my first feast; I got begged to since no one else would do it. Up
until that time, I'd never contemplated cooking for the SCA, even though
I do most of the cooking at home.  I enjoyed it and have been cooking
for the past 7 years {yes... 32 + 7 = almost old enough to acquire
senior status on this list!}.

If there are youngsters on the list, welcome and please stay involved!
We'll need a new generation of spirited young cooks, since the current
generation are getting old enough to be grandparents.

John le Burguillun
Barony of Nottinghill Coill
Atlantia