SC - Honey storage (was Re: SALT)

Mary_HallSheahan@ademco.com Mary_HallSheahan at ademco.com
Wed Jul 28 10:36:47 PDT 1999

And all the people who want a Scandinavian tour, can take Stockholm as
well. I can cook Swedish pölsa (very similar to the Scottish haggis,
lungs and heart and liver and porridge inside a pulmon or a stomach) or
Bloodsoup (eaten most in the south of Sweden, in the Saint Martins day),
a soup made with the blood of a goose, spices and brandy) or Bloodbread
(bread baked with a mixture of swineblood and flour) or Sheephead (the
head of a sheep, with eyes and all, eaten most in Gotland).
By the way, I can´t deny you the story of a Swedish avantgard artist,
Palle Tonström. He did a "happening" in a restaurang in Stockholm
together with 20 other people. They invited a nurse and she took some
drops from each ones blood with special equipment.
And they made a black soup with their own blood and they ate it. They
documented all with the Internet and with digital cameras.
And they did it without taking a AIDS-text, in our days. I still don´t
know if they were brave or foolish.
However, its going to be one of my "parade" anecdots in my book about
cruel food.
Yours
Ana

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir skrev:

> Emme wrote:
> > ... anyone want to go to Iceland and visit Nanna
> >and try one of these wonderful sounding things?)
>
> You mean, like horsemeat and lichen bread and whey preserved foods and seal
> blubber and veal blood dessert and fermented shark and sheeps eyeballs and
> dulse and all the other tempting traditional/period Icelandic food I´ve been
> telling you all about? (Come to think of it, I probably haven´t mentioned
> the shark yet.) I´d be happy to accommodate any of you. And I can cook other
> things as well ...
>
> Nanna (who is 42 and has been a grandmother for six years already)

- --
http://www.algonet.se/~agora  Hemsida och skyltfönster
http://www.algonet.se/~agora/ada Nättidning för kvinnor och män med
humor