SC - Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 20:21:06 -0500)

Mary_HallSheahan@ademco.com Mary_HallSheahan at ademco.com
Wed Jul 28 10:41:53 PDT 1999

Hi ,

Once or twice a year, someone speaks on the Rialto of non-SCA folks who
think we are a cult, or an anti-gov militia, or bad neighbors, or
whatever.  Every so often I bend the ear of whichever Board member seems
most interested at the time, and ask "does the Corp office keep track of
good newspaper articles, etc, about us?" and the answer has regularly
been 'no' because they don't have enough time/money/interest.

I now have a little time on my hands, and am volunteering to start as
large a file as is needed of good (or bad) articles by third parties
about the SCA.  I will, once I have a few collected, be willing to
photocopy said articles for people who are having trouble with their
neighbors, involved with legal proceedings that falsely use the SCA as
some sort of bugaboo, or need overwhelming evidence about the SCA's
good-neighbor status in order to get a campground or park.

Printed articles are ideal, especially if the date and the newspaper's
identification is left attached to the clipping.  Photocopies of
articles are fine.  Videotapes of news segments or feature stories are
fine.  Thank-you notes from schools or parks for demos or a site 'left
better than we found it' are also fine.  Electronic/email/html copies
are ok if no other copy is available.  Articles of this sort from as far
back as you have them are eligible.

If you have such an item to send, drop me a note at the following address:

	sca-clippings at thibault.org

and I will send you my snailmail address.

Please feel free to forward this email to anyone you think might find it
useful.
If there is someone out there doing this also, please drop me a note.

In service,
cv
- --
Cynthia du Pre Argent
Updated webpage of silly hats and easy garb for everyone!
http://www.virtue.to