Slightly off topic by now: Re: SC - vegetables- green beans , squash

pat fee lcatherinemc at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 30 10:28:43 PDT 1999

>In a message dated 7/30/99 2:35:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>stefan at texas.net
>writes:
>
><< I don't know if a herald or a bell would have helped or not. It
>  might have just made it a "cattle car" rush to the table.
>   >>

>Heraldic announcement of each dish is very medieval for celebratory feasts,
>SFAIK. I have never attended a feast where this has been done though I have
>considered doing it myself. The problem is finding a person willing to
>herald
>the service.
>
>Ras

We had it done once last fall, I beleive at Celtic New Year's Massacre, but
I could be wrong on the event.  Lord Alessandro was seated for feast, but
would stand and read a poetical description of the next few dishes before
the servers brought them out. Quite nice, better if the populace would have
quieted more so we could hear.  We aren't used to interrupting our
conversations during feast in this part of Atlantia though, entertainments
and such during feast are not usual.

Bonne