SC - help needed on knightly virtues/Ideals of Chivalry

Melcnewton melcnewton at pcis.net
Thu Jul 1 13:24:29 PDT 1999

Ok, for our Pennsic Pity event I was going to enter something in the A&S
contest that was a period dish, and THEN the Autocrat picks Knightly Virtues
as the theme! So I'm stuck on giving carving lessons, or on different
syrups/drinks of herbs which symbolize the virtues, i.e. making a drink of
wine flavored with borage, maybe with a borage flowers floating on top, for
courage.

The trouble is I need a good source for period ideas of herbal symbols,
and/or on period carving technquies. Inless somebody else has a better idea
on how to deal with this theme!

Beatrix of Tanet