SC - Bread for a wedding feast...

Alex Wollangk orion at mailbag.com
Fri Jul 2 21:28:50 PDT 1999

To all and sundry...

A very good friend of mine is getting married July 10th and I am going to be
baking bread for this occasion.  I had planned to mainly go with my old
standard sweet garlic basil bread either in loaves or buns, some plain white
bread, some rich dark grain bread to be decided and ornament it with various
honeyed and herbed butters.  She just sent me a further request...
Muffins...  This feast is going to consist entirely of finger food and is
mainly to offset the oceans of booze that are being brewed by a very large
portion of the brewers and vintners of Northshield.  There will probably be
upward of 100 gallons of booze and we are going to need SOMETHING to eat
with it or everyone is going to regret it.  (The wedding is at Warriors and
Warlords Day VI and it will be nearly impossible to bake on site.  Add to
that the fact that I am planning on not only teaching one, but attending
quite a few classes that weekend and it gets really difficult if not
impossible to bake to this scale on site.  Besides... I like my Kitchenaid
with its dough hook...  :) )  I am planning on getting 25 to 50 lbs of flour
and baking 'till it's gone...  I am just wondering if anyone else has any
suggestions...

Bran MacDavid