SC - Turkish Breakfast - Suggestions Anyone?

ana l. valdes agora at algonet.se
Mon Jul 5 12:14:56 PDT 1999

My point was, in this list, I assumed we were a mixture of people with
different degrees of "scholarship" and knowledge. I am myself fluent in
several languages, but lack the possibility to make research in the
libraries who possess manuscripts or corpus of recipes. As I wrote
before, several dishes and fooduses are not "dogmatical truths", without
discussion topics between different scholar traditions. I am, par
example, reading now "The Food in Middle Ages", edited by Melitta Weiss
Adamson, and she and other point out what difficult to find "facts"
about the evolution of certain dishes.
Bad translations, the distruction of orginal manuscripts, inepts
copysts, a lot of different explanaitions about the lacking "scientific"
accuracy.
Ana L. Valdés

LrdRas at aol.com skrev:

> In a message dated 7/5/99 1:26:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, agora at algonet.se
> writes:
>
> << The problem is, if you are not a scholar, its very difficult to
>  backtrace the dishes to their origins. >>
>
> Since the people that are disputing the existence of humus in period
> Andalusian or Middle Eastern sources are cooking scholars, I fail to see your
> point here.
>
> Ras

- --
http://www.algonet.se/~agora  Hemsida och skyltfönster