SC - Introduction

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Mon Jul 5 21:12:38 PDT 1999

On Sat, 3 Jul 1999 23:15:20 EDT Aislinn999 at aol.com writes:
>Greeting's unto the Cook's list,
>
>Allow me to introduce myself. I am Lady Aislinn Chaomhanach from the
>Shire of Sol Haven in the Kingdom of Meridies.

Welcome Aislinn!
	I'm sorry I missed your feast, it looked wonderful!
	The Cook's List is lots of fun (high in volume, but fun).  Don't be put
off if you ask hard questions and get even harder questions/responses in
return.  No one is trying to squash your enthusiasm, its just that most
folks here are really *into* the recreation of period food, and it gets
to be sort of a passion.  Of course, you know we never get that way about
our food (or fireworks)!
	To answer a question that has been put before the list, and one you
might be asking  yourself, looking at Stephan's Florilegium is a great
way to get answers to lots of questions that have been discussed (at
length :) here and on other lists.  Failing that, most everyone is
willing to take up old conversations for the benefit of newcomers and
just for the joy of dredging up miscellanea that didn't get hashed out
before.
	Have fun,
	Christianna (just don't call me Grandma here, ok?)