SC - Re: my favorite dessert was horse recipe 1581

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Thu Jul 8 17:32:18 PDT 1999

Helen wrote:

>    What was your " favorite dessert"?  I am having trouble thinking of a
blood
>dessert.

This is an old Icelandic regional speciality, mentioned and described in
17th century sources but I´ve never seen a printed recipe, except the one I
wrote down from my mother´s description. It has some curious names like
kálfadans (calves´ dance) and villibráð (game) but the name used in my
family was blóðkássa (blood stew). It is simply a mixture of milk and blood,
thickened with flour and butter. You can find the recipe at:

http://www.bahnhof.se/~chimbis/tocb/recipes/index-fr.htm

Nanna