SC - Tahini/Sesame Butter

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Thu Jul 8 19:57:25 PDT 1999

In a message dated 7/8/99 8:54:50 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
mermayde at juno.com writes:

<<
 Sesame - 1T measure = 120 calories, 1.9 Grams saturated fat, 11.0 grams
 unsaturated fat, total of 13.6 grams of fat (no other nutrients are
 listed.)

 Tahini (listed as aka sesame butter)  1T measure = 89 calories, 2.6 grams
 protein, 1.1 gram saturated fat, 6.6 grams unsaturated fat,  total fats
 8.1 grams, 3 grams carbohydrates, .75 grams of dietary fiber, 64 mg of
 calcium, (and several other nutrients, A, B's, minerals and amino acids.

I don't care if the hulls aren't on the nuts, there is no way a tablespoon of
nuts has half again more calories than a tablespoon of the nut butter.  I
know that the caloric measurement of foods is as much an art as a science,
and different measurers can arrive at different numbers using the same tests,
so perhaps that explains it.  But I still think that is too large a variance.

Mordonna
SunDragon
Atenveldt