SC - Bison at Pennsic

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Fri Jul 9 17:26:49 PDT 1999

In this country, at least, Bison and Buffalo refer to the same critter.
Water buffalo they have in the Phillippines (where I was born) but I'd
classify them more with oxen.  Moose is wild game and very tasty -- should
be very different from the bison which tastes like a rich, lean beef.  If
your meat smells very gamy, an old trick I learned years ago is to soak it
in canned milk for awhile.
Raoghnailt
Stan Wyrm, Artemisia
rygbee at montana.com