SC - Re: Hash Browns-OOP

WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com
Sat Jul 17 06:34:29 PDT 1999

In a message dated 7/16/99 7:53:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time, John le B. wrote:

<< 1)  What type of kitchen equipment did you have on-hand for cooking 50
 lbs of potatoes and keeping the whole mess warm?

My boss, handy dude that he is, converted a standard home-type gas range to a
grill top, so I had the oven underneath for storing the "done" batches.  I
did them in 10-lb batches, and kept about 20 pounds in the oven, rotating the
trays out to serve them.

 2)  How large was your kitchen staff?

It was usually just me, Morgan the tavernkeeper, and his son, Matt.  Morgan
kept the coffee urns full and ran the "wait staff", while Matt & I did all
the short-order cooking.  Matt turned into a pretty good breakfast cook by
the time we'd been open a couple of days.

 3)  How many people were you cooking for?

We usually served up between 400 and 500 short-order breakfasts between 7 AM
and 3 PM.

 4)  Where are you camping and what time do you start serving? {grovel}

Unfortunately, my mundane job is sending me off on a new construction project
on the 25th of August, so Pennsic just isn't possible for me this year.
Maybe next year.  Then I'll be camped with Swamp Keype and the Red Phoenix
Horde from Trimaris, up on Banshee Ridge, where I always camp.

Walk in peace,
Wolfmother