SC - question about african food

ana l. valdes agora at algonet.se
Fri Jul 23 16:38:54 PDT 1999

Hi, I bought at my local grocery (Sweden is really becoming cosmopolite)
a big cassava root. I did a search in my african and brasilian
cookbooks, and they say the cassava has a poinonous toxin when its not
boiled. And all recipes speak about cassavaflour, or maniocaflour, but
nobody tell how I get the flour from the vegetable.
Am I supposed to peel and grate it? And what happens later?
Any suggestion?
Ana
- --
http://www.algonet.se/~agora  Hemsida och skyltfönster