SC - Re: oop cajun memories jokes and Hawaiian cooking

Helen helen at directlink.net
Sat Jul 24 14:44:28 PDT 1999

Great info on why I like beans and rice so much.  Booray (spelling?) is a card game
that I think is like "bull****" .  A bluff game.  But I do not know for sure.   As I
as a kid was not allowed to stay up late and play it and as a teenager we were in
North Louisiana away from my colorful cajun card playin' relatives.  I know I missed
a lot from not being around them and my cajun mom missed her huge family immensely.
I also know very little french because of that move.
    I would very much like to know more about Hawaiian cooking, sounds good.  By the
way, Ras, my Aunt would have loved the dog meat joke!  She would have done something
like that to you.  When she first met my Dad while my parents were first dating, she
invited them to sit down and play cards with her.  My very young dad is trying to
make a good impression by being all polite and then Mom said she could not figure
out why he was squirming in his chair and turning beet red.  My Great Aunt Salone
had creeped under the table and was slowly plucking his leg hairs.  He was fidgeting
trying not to scream!    My mom and her sister almost could not keep from giggling
at Salone's funeral and I believe Great Aunt Salone was goosing them from beyond the
grave and would have loved the laughter!  They both were expecting her to pop out of
the coffin and yell "BOO!"  She was like that.

Helen