SC - Correction-dog-the joke was on me

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Jul 24 18:41:07 PDT 1999

In a message dated 7/24/99 12:29:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nn3_shay at yahoo.com writes:

<< I take it from this that you were gifted with the meat, and not the
 with corpse?

Yes,

 <<Who were these friends anyway, that they not only know
 you so well as to know you'd cook dog, but loved you so much they
 brought it to you all pre-butchered?  >>

A lot of people know I cook "unusual' foods as a hobby and often gift me with
this creature or that creature. You are right in that animal gifts always
come whole. I should have been suspicious when the gift was nicely boned and
cubed. However, I really had no cause for suspicion because these same folks
had given me assorted animals in the past. I thought they were just being
'nice' by preparing it in advance.

Regarding your questioning the way the animal may have been obtained, I was
taught to never look a gift horse in the mouth, so I don't. The military
admonition of 'Don't ask; don't tell; don't pursue' is a wise one. It makes
for a saner life.

Ras