SC - vegetables- green beans , squash

pat fee lcatherinemc at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 26 10:33:21 PDT 1999

Yes there is a recipie.  Its called Simple Meat Stew or Mete Stwe withe
Middlens(barley) Its made with wild onion root, or leeks and mutton, not
lamb.  Lamb being more tender was roasted or used in recipies such as
Braties( lamb and leek,carrot and sometimes peas in a turnover.) Mutton
required much cooking to be tender enought to eat.
Also I have gathered from  trying to use some of these recipies, that the
Scotts prefered their meat to be "goode an done"  cooked well done almost to
the point of being uneatable by modern standards.

Lady Katherine McGuire