vodka for bandy in cordials was Re: SC - Groundhog-Cordial

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 26 14:50:44 PDT 1999

Being much fonder of brandy than of vodka, I can't imagine why the
substitution is considered better.  There is talk of vodka being more
neutral.  In my opinion, it is so neutral that a certain richness of flavor
is lost in the end product.

When I was a teen, I discovered that vanilla beans in brandy made a much
better vanilla extract than the stuff in the tiny bottle in the store, and
in the end not that much more expensive.

Bonne