SC - Real feasts?

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Mon Jul 26 15:58:42 PDT 1999

- -----Original Message-----
From: rhiannon at madcelt.com <rhiannon at madcelt.com>
To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG <sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG>
Date: Sunday, July 25, 1999 1:32 PM
Subject: SC - Real feasts?

>Laura C. Minnick wrote:
>
>"We are too pre-occuppied with:contests, classes, A&S displays,
Coronations,
>meetings etc., only one of which is really period (and that usually only
>marginally) but all of which fill up our event time. I don't know if I've
>ever been to a feast that was just a feast, witht the exception of one I
>co-cratted years ago.

    The one chance I had of attending a  *Bard of the Mists* event,  it was
a "real Feast" as queried.   The hall was set up for feasting all event
long.  There was a course after opening court,  some entertainment, a second
course, entertainment, a third course, entertainment . . .you get the
picture.  All in all,  the Bardic competition surrounded the Feast.  And
there was dancing between a couple courses, and other diversions.   It just
seemed as if we had food thrust at us all day.  IIRC the event lasted from
midday into the better part of the evening.

    A fond memory relived

    Caointiarn