SC - Under 40 crowd?

Lady Elisabeth of Pendarvis pndarvis at execpc.com
Wed Jul 28 10:00:54 PDT 1999

Hi.
I am the Under 40 crowd.  Or is it politically correct to be the "lacking in
age and experience" crowd?

I am 29.  been doing the SCA (not including college, cause that was only
maybe once a year) for 7 years.  Cooked my first feast as a co-feastocrat
(gotta pick a better word) four years ago. have a tendancy to travel to
events where members of my house are feastocrating and help them out.

Always was camp cook for the house prior to that.  Still am.

 Been accused of feeding poor starving college kids since, well, college.

 Learned to cook from Grandma cause Mom and Dad both worked two jobs,
introduced Grandma to Chinese and Indian cuisine before she passed on.  Used
to have mean stir fry competitions.

I like to cook, as my recent success shows (I just lost over 70lbs and went
from a 24 to a size 14/12 in two years)I like to eat but have to watch it.

I love learning from people whether they are 7 or 70. But i have noticed a
decline in interest to actually plan/precook/be feastocrat for SCA events in
the under 40 crowd, and also see the same people in the kitchen every time.
(I have to believe its cause they like me, they really really like me!
<snicker> I just think they all have helium hand).
So how to inspire more in becoming cooks? Especially the kind who will learn
medieval redactions, and put together beautiful ideas into their feasts?

P.S. I will be camping with the Great Dark Horde at Pennsic, arriving on Aug
18th.  See some of you-want to hear about the cooks gathering on Tues!
Lady Elisabeth of Pendarvis
Barony of Caer Anterth Mawr
Principality of Northshield
Shadewes Company