SC - Re: Private: Pennsic diseases

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Jul 28 19:17:42 PDT 1999

In a message dated 7/28/99 3:29:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
JGedney at dictaphone.com writes:

<< This stuff is nothing to take chances with! Especially if you are bring
"children" (a perfectly period word for offspring, BTW) to the War.

 brandu >>

Agreed. However, it is not reason to cause panic or unnecessary worry about.
ESPECIALLY when we have already been told by official sources that the water
table is normal in the area where Pennsic is held.

If you don't want to drink the water, fine. But posting sensationalist
information is not the way to go, IMO. I know you mean well but there is no
official reason to be extra cautious at this time. Granted, it could change
but you can get killed driving to work everyday also. Disease is not the
issue. Heat is the issue, dehydration specifically. If information is needed
then information on avoiding heat prostration and dehydration would seem to
be more useful and timely rather than causing worry over nonexistent problems.

Ras