SC - Communal cannibalism-OOP

ana l. valdes agora at algonet.se
Thu Jul 29 00:36:00 PDT 1999

As I wrote in other occassion, the only "case" documented in modern
Europe was last century, in France, there a young officer was killed and
eaten by the people in a small village in the center of France (40
people participated in this murder/eating). The French historian Alain
Corbin wrote a book aboout it, based in the trial papers. There was this
allegation about China too, the cannibalism as a kind of punishment to
dissidents and the sharing as a kind of "sharing responsability and
strenghten the bounds between people".
And the Catholic communion is a kind of shared meal, and Christus giving
his body and his blood to the believers community is a clear case of
symbolic cannibalism.
But these young people in Sweden was highly sophisticated urban yuppies
and it happened now, two years ago.

Yours
Ana

LrdRas at aol.com skrev:

> In a message dated 7/28/99 1:02:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time, agora at algonet.se
> writes:
>
> << They invited a nurse and she took some
>  drops from each ones blood with special equipment.
>  And they made a black soup with their own blood and they ate it.  >>
>
> Hmmm. This is interesting. Are there any other examples of communal
> cannibalism (e.g., where participants donate parts of the own bodies for
> ritual meals) documented?
>
> Ras

- --
http://www.algonet.se/~agora  Hemsida och skyltfönster