SC - Medieval Portuguese cookbooks?

Jessica Tiffin jessica at beattie.uct.ac.za
Fri Jul 2 09:11:49 PDT 1999

Thomas wrote
> "Foi serodia e escassa a producao de livros impressos portugueses de
> cozinha" (The production of printed Portuguese cookbooks was late and
> scarce). This is the first sentence in "Livros portugueses de cozinha",
> a bibliography on portuguese cookbooks, published Lisbon 1988
> [Biblioteca Nacional, Cat_logo 29].
<lots of groovy Portuguese stuff snipped>

Thank you, thank you!  This was a _wonderful_ list; thus armed I
shall descend onto the library catalogues.  I'm hoping that the
University of Cape Town library might have some relevant material,
since South Africa does have a certain personal interest in the
Portuguese explorers.

Many thanks for all the suggestions from everyone: we should be able
to make up a rather good feast from the sources I have or will be
getting (thanks, Cindy!).  I'll web a menu when we have one, if
anyone is interested.

Jehanne

Jehanne de Huguenin, called Melisant  *  Seneschal, Shire of Adamastor, Cape Town
(Jessica Tiffin, University of Cape Town)
Sable, three owls, wings elevated, argent, each maintaining a willow slip vert.