SC -baking over a fire

Helen helen at directlink.net
Sat Jul 3 10:20:48 PDT 1999

Hi,
    I was inspired to bake over my camp fire this week and baked canned cinnamon
rolls and a home made peach cobbler.  I did not have a griddle big enough for my
bowl and so I used a enameled turkey roaster pan and had it a inch or so above a
bed of coal and placed coals on the closed lid.  I put pie and rolls in a foil
lined enameled plate shaped like a pie plate and the bottoms of the rolls were
only slightly burned.  I was very pleased at how they came out.  I have always
wanted fresh biscuits on campouts.  Thanks for the inspiration.

Helen