SC - Sausages/Vegetarianism

Michelle "TJ" Brunzie mbrunzie at dba-sw.com
Mon Jul 5 19:58:19 PDT 1999

Ras recently wrote:

> In a message dated 7/5/99 9:45:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> stefan at texas.net
> writes:
> << Interesting. Is this for a specific religious reason? >>
>
> Pigs are unclean to both the Jewish religion and to those who practice
> al-Islam.

I thought he was asking specifically about the vegetarian sausages...

> Was there a definition of vegetarian in period? That is, were
> there people
> who lived in period that kept a vegetarian diet for moral reasons? More
> specifically would those people had they existed have been
> attending the kind
> of feasts we have records and recipes for? I think that the
> definition you
> are using is a relatively modern concept.

I was under the impression that Aristotle and DaVinci and the like
were all vegetarian...of course, that may have been propeganda my
mother was giving me when trying to win me over to the meatless cause!

Violente de San Sebastiano de la Frontera
"If you could do anything in the world...would you?"