SC - salmon recipe?

THLRenata at aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Tue Jul 6 13:26:16 PDT 1999

In a message dated 07/02/1999 4:55:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
nn3_shay at yahoo.com writes:

<< have you ever had salmon jerky?  I haven't seen it outside
 the Pacific Northwest, but when I lived in Portland, I'd get it as a
 special treat (expensive!).  Now I'm looking for recipes -- the 'net
 abounds in jerky recipes, but I haven't found any for salmon -- anyone
 on the list know of any, period or mundane?  Or is what we think of as
 jerky not the same type of thing as period dried meats?  >>

My brother-in-law used to make it when he ran a resturant/gormet store and
had an industrial sized smoker.  *Good* stuff! I'll see if he still has the
recipe.

Renata