SC - Vegetarianism

Weaver8002 at aol.com Weaver8002 at aol.com
Wed Jul 7 16:24:38 PDT 1999

In a message dated 7/6/99 10:49:05 PM EST, LrdRas at AOL.com writes:

<< n a message dated 7/6/99 8:59:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
 mbrunzie at dba-sw.com writes:

 << Then too, I've heard (note: I have NO proof of this!) that geese were not
  considered meat in the MAs because they were thought to "hatch" from goose
  neck barnacles...  Of course, anyone who raised geese would surely know
  that wasn't the case!

 This was a specific species of goose not all geese. Certainly sea mammals
 were considered as 'fish' and I have heard that embryo rabbits were also
 non-meat but I don't recall ever actually seeing it in period manuscripts
 that I am aware of.

 Ras >>

And then there was the beaver -- whose tale was considered fish while the
rest of him was considered meat.

Magherita the weaver