SC - Tahini/Sesame Butter

Laura C Minnick lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Thu Jul 8 12:35:41 PDT 1999

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Chip wrote:

> > This is interesting- I bet a Tablespoon of sesame seeds doesn't weigh more
> > than 3 or 4 grams- how in blazes can they have 13.6 grams of fat in them?
> > But the tahini makes sense.
> I'm thinking it takes more than a tablespoon of sesame seeds to make a
> tablespoon of tahini, thus your elevated numbers.  Once you have a
> paste, the 'tween seed space is filled with sesame goodness.

Maybe that contributes. But last I knew grams for bulk are different than
grams to measure fat- kinda like how eight ounces in a cup measure is not
the same as eight ounces on a scale. Does that make any sense?

'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
- -
'A Vaillans Coeurs Riens Impossible'
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731