SC - Food in History

Kappler, MMC Richard A. KAPPLERR at swos.navy.mil
Sat Jul 10 11:39:33 PDT 1999

Can anyone give me any information on Food In History by Reay
Hill. Published by Steinand Day,NY, 1973?  Would this be worth
reading?

wajdi

I am about halfway through the most recent edition Wajdi, and am thoroughly
enjoying it.  I asked pretty much the same question several weeks ago on the
list, and got absolutely no response, apparently everyone's too busy
marinating cats and slandering catsup.  I highly recommend it, although
someone will now surely come along and say "no, no, no, he had it all
wrong!" or the usual.  Anyway, not only does the book seem to be well
researched, it is well written and has voluminous footnotes and a good
bibliography, although the bib in the first edition was, according to the
author, more extensive.

We now return you to cat recipes, ridiculously long reposts, me too's and
thoughts of Master A trying to read Row Dollandese.

going sailing to regain my sense of humour, Puck