SC - butter?

Helen helen at directlink.net
Mon Jul 12 00:41:37 PDT 1999

Is this true?  Is it this easy?

Making Butter

                      Buy heavy cream. Put it in a jar and shake for a very very
long time.
                      It will eventually become butter. (Alternately, you can
use a food
                      processor to speed up the process.) After you have little
lumps and
                      flakes of butter, you must "wash" it. Drain the liquid
(save it for
                      making cream based soups!) And mold the butter into a
lump. Under
                      cold
                      running water, knead it gently for 5 minutes (I fold,
press flat, fold,
                      press flat, etc). Add salt, if desired (I don't), knead it
in to
                      distribute it evenly. Mold, then refrigerate.