SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #1485

James R. May robmay at home.com
Mon Jul 12 15:41:26 PDT 1999

>Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 13:47:59 -0500
>From: Melissa Martines <mmartines at brighthorizons.com>
>Subject: SC - Lemon Cordial
>
>A note of caution:  I judged a lemon cordial once that included the peel
>along with the juice in the recipe and had a taste very similar to Pledge.
>I was the first judge to take a sip, and after one look at my face, the
>others didn't even want to try it (although several did).  We concluded that
>possible pith left on the lemon peel or even the peel itself was too
>overwhelming in the cordial, although the juice might be nice.  Don't have
>any documentation for it, though.  Sorry.
>
>THLady Morgan MacBride
>Meridies
>=
I served my lemon cordial to several ladies at last Gulf Wars and had one
lady abscond with the whole bottle. I peeled a whole bag of lemons and
covered them with a half gallon of Stolichnaya Vodka. After four weeks, I
strained, filtered, and sweetned with 50/50 sugar syrup and honey. Aged for
one month, then racked off of sediment from the lemons and honey.

Jehan Yves