SC - stuffed breads

Maureen Martin mlmartin at freewwweb.com
Fri Jul 16 16:49:24 PDT 1999

Stefan wrote:

>We did have a recent conversation or two on stuffed breads. For those
interested in more details and some recipes, check this file in the
FOOD-BREAD section of my Florilegium:
bread-stuffed-msg (22K)  1/ 5/98    Period stuffed bread. Rastons.
Recipes.

Well, it seemed recent, but I guess it was at least as long ago as last
December. :-)>

Dearest Stefan,

Your calendar may need new batteries.  I "fired" off my report about
baking Rastons at Lilies just this July 1 (ish).  Then Cindy printed a
variation of the recipe I used and Lord Ras discussed whether or not
adding salt would be period.

BTW, I found the article in your Florilegium about outdoor ovens very
enlightening.  I plan to invest in a large (LARGE) clay pot and see how
that works.  It seems the most portible and least labor intensive of all
the things mentioned.  Thanks for tending the flowers!

Melisande
Calontir
BFS